[SOLVED] Getting same install error on almost every program

MusicRush

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
I just installed windows 10 from using windows 7 since it came out. I have made myself owner and set ownership to program data files. But I still get this start menu error when I try to install almost anything. Is this common?
88fc083d7603fb719cef100ccbe5b9e8.png

Solution
I have made myself owner and set ownership to program data
its possible this action was the reason you getting error? Or did you do this as an answer to the error?
Setting you as only owner of certain folder types could mean system itself doesn't have permission to create folders.
Just a thought, changing permissions of default folders can have unintended consequences

MusicRush

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
This is my second install of windows 10 today on this drive. First was win 10 pro, then realized I needed enterprise. There was a windows.old and I removed it, could this be the issue?

You should be able to delete the Windows.old folder with no problems. And no, that error is not a common one, in fact I've never seen it. I suspect some security violation, but you should look at the error logs to find out for sure.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have made myself owner and set ownership to program data
its possible this action was the reason you getting error? Or did you do this as an answer to the error?
Setting you as only owner of certain folder types could mean system itself doesn't have permission to create folders.
Just a thought, changing permissions of default folders can have unintended consequences

Solution