Question Getting same low fps in all settings while playing Dota

Nov 6, 2022
Bought a new pc yesterday. Getting same fps in all settings and resolution only in Dota(probably other cpu intensive games as well). Getting more fps in high demanding games than dota. Getting really good fps in games like Stray, Cyberpunk etc
Config:
Gpu: 6700xt
Cpu: I5 12400f
Ram: 16gb

So, I'd go to the product support page for your motherboard, click on support and download and install the latest chipset, WiFi, LAN, Bluetooth, audio and Intel serial I/O drivers if you haven't already. Most of those were newly released on the 14th of October.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B660M-MORTAR-WIFI-DDR4/support#driver

Then restart the system and see if there is any change. Seems you already have the latest BIOS version installed.

What is the exact model of your power supply?

What speed is your memory kit supposed to be or what is the model number and have you checked to see whether the memory is actually running at the XMP profile speed or if they left it at the default settings? You can check this in CPU-Z on the Memory and SPD tabs or in HWinfo. Or also in the BIOS.

Nov 6, 2022
I have everything updated. Also, I am not facing any problems with gpu demanding games. Only dota(cpu intensive) is giving me same low fps in all settings and resolutions.

Thermaltake TR2 S 650W is the power supply model.
This is the ram: SPECTRIX D60G DDR4 RGB Memory Module (16gbx1)

Xmp is on from bios. You can check the attached image.

https://prnt.sc/54KfMyc--nym

Well, for one thing you want to add another memory module of the same model, or get a new kit with two identical matched DIMMs in it, because with a single module you are not operating in dual channel mode and are losing a good deal of memory performance.

PSU model is terrible. I'd recommend you check with the place you bought it from to see if they might allow you to upgrade to something better and give them that one back OR simply buy a better power supply. Historically the Thermaltake TR2 units are pretty terrible. In fact, a TR2 power supply is what first brought me to Tom's Hardware originally.

Are you using a brand new Windows installation with this system or a Windows installation that was from a system you already had?

Nov 6, 2022
Yeh had some budget problems. So had to cut cost in the power supply and take a single channel ram instead of dual channel. And yes, I am using a brand new windows installation with this system. But I am wondering just having problems with Dota 2 and no other game? Isn't that a bit weird?

You cut cost in the single most important component in the build. There is no component more important than the power supply. It's the ONE component you NEVER want to cut cost on. Cut cost on anything else, but not the power supply.

Please read.

It's not particularly weird, per se, since Dota is at least somewhat CPU intensive, and since memory performance greatly affects CPU performance this could visibly translate into a bigger issue for this game than for many others that are perhaps a lot more GPU intensive. Then again, it may simply be some buggy BS from Dota 2. Have you checked to see if there are any patches available for Dota 2 which you haven't already installed?