Getting some really bad KP-41's, need help.

Das Haus

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Before I provide any additional details, I should inform you of my specs.

My Motherboard is an Asus P8 Z77-V LX, I have an Intel i7 3770k that is not, and never has been overclocked, an ATI Radeon HD 7850, 16 gigs of Kingston blue (not sure beyond that) RAM, and a rather terrible PSU that I may believe to be the culprit, the dreaded Thermaltake TR2 RX, in specific, the 750w Bronze.

Moving on to the details of the freezes, I have been able to determine that they are not caused by bad drivers, faulty RAM, or overheating, as my temps have been optimal, and I checked my RAM with Memtest86 at least twice now. I also checked all of my drivers in Device Manager, everything is up to date. Which is what leads me to the PSU. The power supply, I have heard only negative things about. Its unreliable, it is inefficient, and I've heard over and over again that it can damage my entire PC.

So it really comes down to either that, or the Hard Drive. And the Hard drive is an older model from my original build in 2010, a stock one at that. However, while I am lead to believe that the PSU causes the freeze-ups, my various parts of my computer remain responsive (such as pressing capslock, although it only works momentarily) and on top of that, sometimes while the entire computer is frozen, the blue loading wheel is still spinning, which concerns me, considering that the PSU causing freezes would likely freeze everything, no?

So basically, I'm in dire need of help, because I'm afraid that my PSU (or some other component) has gone haywire, and sabotaged the rest of my beloved Gaming PC. Also, if you need more details, feel free to ask.

TRENDING THREADS