Question Getting somewhat bad performance on a high end laptop on roblox?

TendoCats

Prominent
Dec 31, 2021
Laptop Name: Lenovo Legion 7i

Laptop specs:
GPU: RTX 3080 (165W)
CPU: i9 11980HK
RAM: 32 GB of DDR4
Ask about any other specs that could help I guess.

So on my new legion 7i, I got roblox and played phantom forces I checked my framerate and saw that I was only getting like, 100-150 fps on max settings (I still got similar performance on lowest settings). And bear in mind that I have done almost every optimization possible like disabling optimus, turning on performance mode, forcing roblox to run on my gpu, updating drivers, optimizing nvidia control panel, etc. I feel this has something to do with my cpu and gpu usage, because when I check task manager when playing roblox, only about 5% of my cpu is being used and about 38% of my gpu is being used. The only two reasons I could think why this is happening is maybe because of my 2560x1600 resolution (but at the same time I get 250 frames in csgo with that resolution) or maybe roblox isn’t really being detected as something to put more resources into (but then again my computer becomes an airplane on literal fricking quake, so maybe roblox isn’t detected as a game or something?) Could someone please help me with this? Thank you!

TendoCats

Prominent
Dec 31, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As a side note, did you check to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending?

I’m using windows 11 (which from what I know doesn’t really decrease performance a lot other than one or two frames, except for csgo) and yes, I have seen a BIOS update in Lenovo Vantage, but I have read that you probably shouldn’t update unless something is really wrong with your pc. (I also have a “GFE driver” update but that is only showing because I am using the latest drivers, not Lenovo drivers.)