About a month or so ago my PC crashed hard. The screen suddenly became messed up with graphical artifacts and frozen, and I've been having issues since then.
- I had an NVMe SSD for the Windows OS and a regular SSD for storage.
- My PC shut down on me and I couldn't boot back up. It kept saying it couldn't find the boot device.
- I thought my NVMe drive died or was dying on me, but I've run chkdsk and Samsung's program for testing hard drives and I see no errors. Not only that, I went and bought a new, smaller NVMe and it didn't have any issues. However, if I put my old one back, the motherboard(ASRock x470 fatality mini itx) will randomly stop seeing it. Which is what I think caused the boot issue. I also put the old NVMe in an external enclosure and it didn't have any issues when connected via USB 3.1.
- I bought a new SSD and installed the OS on it. But now I'm getting the storport.sys BSOD almost every time on the first boot attempt after being shut down. The PC will restart after logging the BSOD and then boot up just fine.
- I haven't installed any of the motherboard drivers after completely installing the OS brand new. But I don't think that would really cause any issues seeing as how the latest drivers are a couple of years old anyway, and it's not like it can't completely boot.
- I've also noticed that sometimes Windows becomes a bit weird. I can't pull up the start menu, the clock and sound that's at the bottom right corner, but everything else is running fine.