System Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x
ASUS ROG B450f
8x2 G.Skill 3000MHz
2x 480GB SSD
1x 1TB HDD
EVGA 1060 6GB SSC
EVGA 650 Bronze PSU

I get stutters in everything from Elite Dangerous to GTA 5 to Farcry 5. I can't run AC4 Black Flag very well. I run 2 displays, but I use a 1050ti for my second display and have had this problem since before installing the second card as well. As far as I know I have all drivers installed and up to date. In fact there was an Nvidia update today 5/1/19 that I installed and I've even shut down and powered back on. I have 2 480GB SSD's as well, that while speed up windows, don't seem to hold up to generating things as I look around? Idk. I just don't understand why I still get stuttering when I upgraded from an FX 8350 on DDR3 to an R7 2700x on DDR4 and still have similar issues

Any overclocks? Try updating the BIOS, make sure the RAM is actually running at 3000 MHz in the BIOS, and try a CMOS reset if BIOS update does not fix it. Also check temperatures and usage of both CPU and GPU while playing games, try a stress test as well.

Jun 15, 2018
This happened long before I overclocked anything. I tried to run a slight OC on the 1060 to see if it would do anything to benefit me and it hasn't really. I get a few more frames in Heaven and Valley but still stutter in both. Haven't OCd the CPU. Only have it on air so I figured to not try. I have updated the bios since buying the board. That was maybe a month ago. My RAM is in fact running at 3000MHz. I actually do have that OCd as well to 3200 which is stable and again I had this problem before applying the OC to that or the video card. I had the video card OCd before I messed with the RAM. Also in GTA 5 and 3D Mark Task Manager shows no usage of my GPU. My GPU never goes above about 65 or 70% save the occasional loading spike, and I've never seen the 2700x go above 40% unless I run cinabench. Temps also are fine on both. I have a dual fan 1060 with two more 120mm case fan pointed at it almost directly. The CPU never hits 65c. My GPU gets up to about 75 in Heaven and Valley and 3D Mark

Jun 15, 2018
That's the one thing I haven't done. Completely reinstall Windows. Was told by a friend it isn't needed anymore and you can just run after the drive has detected the new hardware and installed driver. If I have to I have to lol I just don't want to do it and it not do anything for my problem

Jun 15, 2018
Thanks guys. I'll try it. I know I should have to begin with lol just thought I could avoid it. If it doesn't solve my problem I'll be rather angry I've spent so much money and still get stutters