Getting the best PCI wifi card

Jul 4, 2018
So I'm new to PC building and need help from those smarter and more experienced than I with wireless cards. I am currently using some cheap usb wireless adapter, but would like to switch to a pci card. I have an asus cross hair hero vi mobo, (the non-wireless one) and I want to know what my best option would be. I know it has the dedicated slot near the top of the board and the holes in the io shield, but what should I use to fill them?

Also below is a picture of what the "sight line" is to the router, It is there below the cabinets against the wall on the right.
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/1986/1lFUUF.jpg

TP-Link is good with their Archer T6E or T9E

ASUS also makes some nice ones such as the ASUS PCE-AC56 or ASUS PCE-AC68 that come with extended cabled antennas so you can place the antennas wherever has better reception instead of them being stuck on the back of your PC.

Even dirt cheap ones like the Rosewill RNX-N250PCEv2 or ASUS PCE-N15 will probably do everything you need.

Jul 4, 2018

I appreciate the input, I have a lot of brand trust with asus had a few of there laptops and before the 900 dollar evga carepackage came out, my pc was going to be almost entirely asus, needless to say I firmly believe in their products. So I will likely be going with the asus pce-ac56.

Oct 10, 2018
You are right it is not that easy as it looks. I was also got confused because numerous options are available in the market for these products. I was also using cheap usb adapter, but it couldn't work properly as i was expecting with it. Finally I got a website where i found some knowledge about these adapter and list of good products out there available in the market. So far I didn't get issue with my new wireless adapter. Thanks to this https://www.pickmyrouter.com/best-pci-wireless-cards-desktop-computers/ website. Which gave me enough knowledge about these gadget and how these things work properly. They let me know everything From Buying to Using. I hope it helps you too.