[SOLVED] Getting to 3200 with Ryzen 2700x and 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

May 24, 2020
Hello, I have a Asrock B450 with a 2700x. I upgraded the ram with 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 MHz ram. I have tried running xmp and it fails, tried increasing Dram voltage from 1.35 to 1.4, tried running a slower speed and have not gotten anything stable. I have been trying to research and figure out what to do but stuck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Solution
Your system will run better with faster RAM. Ryzen CPU's work better with faster speeds so if you can return the RAM and get something else do that.
May 24, 2020
Hi, thanks for the reply. I read through that thread you linked a couple days ago. I tried 2933 and even lower and couldn’t get anything stable. One weird thing I don’t understand is when I manual change my dram voltage I can’t enter in certain numbers for example I tried going from 1.35 to 1.38 and it wouldn’t work. I was able to get 1.4 as a valid number but can’t enter 1.45 as valid. Guess I should have found out Corsair is not a good match before purchasing it. I thought it was weird I couldn’t get 2933 and lower stable. I was able to get some speeds to boot up but would then eventually crash.

May 24, 2020
Run a memory test to make sure your RAM is good. Use MemTest86. You could try updating your BIOS to see if that helps at all.

Maybe another person can solve this problem.
Okay, I will run the test. I have done about 10 hours of gaming on the ram at stock speed and it works well but I will run memtest to ensure. Thanks again.