Getting USB connected sound every time I log into Windows 10 64 even when I unplug everything really annoying anyone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucca777

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Every time I log into Windows 10 I get a USB connected sound only after upgrading my ssd to a bigger ssd and putting fresh copy of Windows 10

Solution

Nope, that's a problem. They've either been manually updated to the latest versions, by YOU, by installing the drivers found on the motherboard product page on the MSI website, or they haven't. Trusting Windows update to provide the best drivers is a very poor choice and more often than not results in a borked system in Windows 10.

I'd manually install every relevant driver for Windows 10 from the motherboard product page, then reset the bios by removing the cmos battery for five minutes, reboot after reinstalling the battery and see if the problem resolves.

The most likely cause is the USB 3.0/3.1 filter drivers but by no means is it the only possibility. I'd turn off the automatic...
What is your motherboard model number? System specs?

You might try enabling "full initialization" in the bios under USB settings. Seems like there must be something triggering the USB event. Might be a good idea to find and install the latest storage controller and USB filter drivers for your motherboard model as listed on the product page for your prebuilt system or motherboard manufacturers website.

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
Sounds like you're perhaps missing a driver that was present after the upgrade but is no longer there after you did a fresh install.

- right click on Start Menu
- select Device Manager
- see if anything in the Device Manager window has a yellow exclamation mark next to it
- if so, try searching for a driver or post a snapshot of the window and post back here

Also, please list all devices you have plugged into any and all USB ports - mouse, keyboard, printers, dongles... ect.

Lucca777

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Sorry guys should have gave u more info it's msi z170a m7 gaming 6900k skylake. 32gb of ddr4 ram. I have razor chroma tournament edition 3x 2tb portable hard drives. Set of crapy speakers Logitech g602 mouse. With everything unplugged still makes the noise through my monitor. My monitor is new aswell I tried unplugging that with the speakers still in and I still hear that USB connected noise all my drivers seem to be up to date. I will try to change the bios setting that was mentioned above and look into the device list

Lucca777

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Ok so no yellow under device manager and the bios setting is allready correct I have no clue what's going on? Could it be Windows maybe didn't install properly?

Nope, that's a problem. They've either been manually updated to the latest versions, by YOU, by installing the drivers found on the motherboard product page on the MSI website, or they haven't. Trusting Windows update to provide the best drivers is a very poor choice and more often than not results in a borked system in Windows 10.

I'd manually install every relevant driver for Windows 10 from the motherboard product page, then reset the bios by removing the cmos battery for five minutes, reboot after reinstalling the battery and see if the problem resolves.

The most likely cause is the USB 3.0/3.1 filter drivers but by no means is it the only possibility. I'd turn off the automatic driver updating as follows:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2763685/stop-windows-automatically-updating-device-drivers.html

And then install all the drivers from here:

http://us.msi.com/support/mb/Z170A-GAMING-M7.html#down-driver&Win10 64

Solution
I would expect a sub reconnect if a device goes to sleep, then is wakes up later. That would be expected based on the sleep settings of the hub and the devices the hub. Change the power management setting so the hub and device on the hub are not put to sleep.

Try this version: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-device-tree-viewer-download
-------

]If your usb bus draws too much current it will be disabled, devices on that hub will disconnect. Then the over current problem will stop, the driver will turn on the hub again, and the cycle restarts. Google usbview it was a sample program from the Windows Ddk it will give the error status of all of your USB ports. Sometimes, you can have bad internal connection, or ports that are grounded out against a the case. My new mortherboard I could just never get use port 7 to work and just never use it. If I plug into it I get a notice every few seconds indicating it is being turned off, the another one turning it on over and over. In my case it is a physical problem or a bios bug. Usbview shows the error on the port. Since it was a sample app, many versions are on the web. I got mine directly from Microsoft but it is in a very large download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS