[SOLVED] Getting very low fps on Fortnite

Mar 12, 2019
I just build a pc on a very low budget
It has an i5 7400, 4GB RAM
Now i know its not the best for playing games cause the intel hd 630 is crap
But on youtube many people are able to play fortnite at 720p with 40-50 fps playable and im my game constantly freezes on lowest settings
Will an ssd improve the performance or more RAM?
I will buy a new gpu soon but until then any solutions?
Thanks

Solution
But on youtube many people are able to play fortnite at 720p with 40-50 fps playable and im my game constantly freezes on lowest settings
Thanks

The 4gb ram will be your biggest problem, especially if using the Intel HD 630 as it uses the system ram for video memory (meaning you have even less).

I would add at least another 4gb of ram to that build, that should help a lot.
Thanks

The 4gb ram will be your biggest problem, especially if using the Intel HD 630 as it uses the system ram for video memory (meaning you have even less).

I would add at least another 4gb of ram to that build, that should help a lot.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Either a SSD and/or RAM may help.

However, you need to do some "homework" beforehand:

1) Compare the recommended hardware specs for Fortnite to your computer's current hardware configuration. Games are often provided with minimal, recommended, and best specs. You want recommended and as much "best" as you can afford.

2) Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your system's performance. Observe while not gaming and then while gaming. You may discover some specific bottleneck that may be easily resolved. E.g., some app running in the background trying to update, backup, "phone home" whatever.... May be launching at boot time and not really need to do so.

3) Make certain that all drivers are up to date. Especially for your current GPU.

Identify the root problem underlying the low performance. And then consider the options and trade-offs necessary to improve performance.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ssd will improve things but more so, in your situation, more ram atleast 8gb and get away from that igpu, besides miserable performance, it's not really supported in games anyway. A 1050 will do much better, better yet a 1050ti, preferably 1060 or rx 570. And forget what youtupeoples say, those results are unreliable, you don't know the extent how they chop system recourses or quality to make the video.