Question Getting very low fps on games

AngryDrunkCow

Prominent
Jul 10, 2019
Just recently got my new pc it has a GeForce rtx 2070 intel i7 9700k 3.6 ghz 16 gb of ram but on games like rust and siege I'm getting no more than 30 fps even when I lower my settings it doesn't seem to help any bit so if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would appreciate it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is your computer a pre-built machine?

Sounds like you may be using integrated graphics instead or display's refresh rate hasn't been set correctly and Vsync is holding fps in accordance to the refresh rate which may be set to 30Hz.

First check video port connection at the back of the case is connected to the 2070 which'll be further down the case. Usually there are multiple video ports, the upper ports use the CPUs igpu.

Check Hz is set to the optimal range for the monitor in NvidiaCP resolution. Are you using a monitor or Tv? Usually PC's auto detect monitors correctly but sometimes not for TV's.

AngryDrunkCow

Prominent
Jul 10, 2019

Sounds like you may be using integrated graphics instead or display's refresh rate hasn't been set correctly and Vsync is holding fps in accordance to the refresh rate which may be set to 30Hz.

First check video port connection at the back of the case is connected to the 2070 which'll be further down the case. Usually there are multiple video ports, the upper ports use the CPUs igpu.

Check Hz is set to the optimal range for the monitor in NvidiaCP resolution. Are you using a monitor or Tv? Usually PC's auto detect monitors correctly but sometimes not for TV's.
Yes I bought it from cyberpower pc and I just received it today

AngryDrunkCow

Prominent
Jul 10, 2019
I
If none of the above steps work, update the GPU drivers and your motherboard BIOS(in that order).
im new to pc gaming so I don’t really know how to update drivers all that much but I think I updated my graphics card driver from the cyberpower drivers support but I don’t know how to update my mboard
Yes I bought it from cyberpower pc and I just received it today
and I checked on the intel driver update software and it showed that I had an Intel uhd 630 graphics which I think is what’s giving me such low fps

I

im new to pc gaming so I don’t really know how to update drivers all that much but I think I updated my graphics card driver from the cyberpower drivers support but I don’t know how to update my mboard

and I checked on the intel driver update software and it showed that I had an Intel uhd 630 graphics which I think is what’s giving me such low fps
Which port did you plug the monitor into the PC? Make sure the cable is plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard.

As for updating GPU drivers, you need to download from here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/148584/en-us

then run the installation, it will install latest drivers. The process to update the BIOS is a bit more complex. First, you need to see what motherboard you have - you can use an app called CPU-Z for this information. Then, go to the official site for that motherboard, and you'll find BIOS downloads in the Support section of the official page. Download the latest BIOS, and put it on an empty USB drive. Shut down the PC, plug the USB drive in. Then, you need to enter your BIOS(usually you need to press Del key as soon as you press the power button on the PC, and keep pressing the Del key until you don't enter the BIOS). Once in the BIOS, find the option to Flash or Update the BIOS, it will automatically detect the USB drive and the BIOS files on the drive, you just need to select the new BIOS files, and the BIOS will start updating. DON'T LET THE COMPUTER SHUT DOWN WHILE THE BIOS IS UPDATING, once the update is complete you can exit the BIOS, the PC will restart and boot normally(you should ideally remove the USB drive when the PC is off during the restart).

AngryDrunkCow

Prominent
Jul 10, 2019

How would I check my hz I’m on a 60hz monitor

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was the GPU connected before or? Hows your frame rates now?

Just checking if you have the GPU connected with picture below i took a screen shot of from your link to Cyberpower. Image was small from there so i enlarged it, i think that's the iGPU port up the top. Further down is the graphics card, those lighter gray tabs are covers to protect video ports from debris/dust, they can be pulled out.

BqkOLmA.jpg