Chr0nos

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hello, i built my computer fairly recently, around the end of last year and with the following specs:
GPU: Asus rog strix 480 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 2600
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2400 Mhz
Mobo: MSI b450m pro-vdh
PSU: Coolermaster Masterwatt lite 500w
Monitor: Samsung SF350

All of the components were new except for the graphics card, which was in mint condition when i got it and still in warranty. Pretty much from day one i was noticing weird diagonal lines popping up in multiple games including COD WW2, Hitman absolution, Dark souls 3, Crysis 3, Murdered Soul Suspect, Blade and soul, pretty much everything except terraria and normal non gaming use like youtube, discord etc. The artifacts arent constant, they appear for only a moment and then disappear. This was happening in darksiders 2 as well but instead of having these diagonal lines i got some white dots occasionally. I wasnt able to screenshot them on my own but someone from another thread managed to and it looks identical to what im having:
R1Vp7uA.jpg

This also happens when i run furmark. The lines would pop up and disappear in an instant, and then nothing would pop up for the next 10 or so seconds and then it would happen again. The weird thing is that my performance is fantastic, gpu temps never go over 70 degrees even under maximum load and my fps is fine.
Here is what i have tried so far:
-disabling and enabling freesync with different settings (my monitor has ultimate and standard freesync engine in settings)
-changing around memory and gpu clock speeds, both underclocking and overclocking
-changing monitor refresh rate (its a 60Hz monitor but there are some different settings like 59 Hz for example)
-messing around with different settings in game
-updating drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling drivers
Right now im out of ideas, and im hesitant to say its a bad card since, again, the performance is fantastic and it is a rog strix version which is one of the better ones you can get. The card was also in warranty when i got it so i assume if the previous owner noticed any artifacts that he would just exchange it for a new one. One thing i could maybe do is go over to a friends house and try my graphics card on his system to see if the same thing happens? Any other suggestions are welcome.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
It would be a good idea to use some other graphics card and see if those lines pop up, other than that, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers but this time uninstall using display driver uninstaller or DDU