Getting Windows 8 Back

Jesse-Cyphyn

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
My Lenovo laptop came with Windows 8, and shortly after getting it, I upgraded to Windows 8.1, totally unaware of the fact that Microsoft fails and I lost my ability to "Remove everything and reinstall Windows." I found a workaround by using the free Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation, however, because it's expired, my laptop shuts down every hour. How can I get my Windows 8 back? Like I said, I already owned it before, but my Laptop CAME with it, so I don't have a media disc, also the Lenovo Y510P does NOT have a disc tray, so I can't get a new copy. If I reset my laptop to factory settings, will that reset with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation?

Jesse-Cyphyn

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I was reading another article, about someone with a similar problem, and it said to get an ISO and boot from that in the BIOS, something about the UEFI(Or something like that) because the Windows 8 product key would be embedded in there. Will this work?

Jesse-Cyphyn

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
Thank you, I'll take a look at this. I've tried calling Lenovo before I ever went to Enterprise because I wanted to do a reset a while back, and they said I had to pay 60 bucks for something I already had... -_-

Jesse-Cyphyn

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
So, neither of these are working AT ALL. The ISO wont boot from the USB drive and the One Key Recovery tells me that there is nothing to restore

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS