Question Getting worse frames after upgrading GPU/CPU/PSU

Sep 28, 2019
So today i upgraded my computer a fair bit, was my first time doing anyhting to a computer but all seemed to go well. I will list the upgrades here:

Intel i5-4460 > Intel i7-4790
Zotac GTX 960 2GB > Asus Dual OC edition GTX 1060 6GB
Corsair CX600 > SeaSonic M12ii 520

My main query is since the upgrade PC has run fine. I installed the drivers for the GPU and launched minecraft as a good comparison. With my 960 i would get 200-250 frames normally. With the 1060 i am only getting 110-130. This cant be correct as my setup has significantly improved. Although i love PC gaming im fairly new to the PC builiding side of things so sorry for my lack of knowledge. Am i missing something simple that somebody could help me with?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Being as you have changed a few piece of hardware, especially CPU and GPU, it could have carried over residual junk and driver conflicts that could be an issue. It's best practice to clean reinstall after major hardware change.

Do you have latest BIOS installed too?

Sep 28, 2019
Ive tried that but still the same, think i might factory reset my pc and reinstall drivers and games that way. I want to install the games to my SSD anyway. Do u think this will help or hinder my problem?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you're going to full reset, you are best doing a fresh ISO from media creation tool and clean installing over it if you can, as opposed to the internal reset option.
When you say you tried, you mean you tried DDU?

What is your monitor resolution/refresh?
Have you now changed your graphic settings since upgrading?