GF2MX drivers trouble

Dukebot

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
Can anyone help me with my GF2MX 32MB. I installed the new v14 drivers for the GeForce2 MX and I've noticed that the frame rate has decreased dramatically and some of my games don't work as well as hey used to when i had v4 drivers. So I changed to the "best drivers", v11 and still the same. Would formatting the HD and reinstalling Windows and the version 11 drivers?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have found the 6.31 drivers to perform best for me. The 6.x series are the only ones SPECIFICLY DESIGNED FOR the GF2 series of chips. Later revisions were designed for the GO, GF3, etc.

Video killed my Radio Card!

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
My brother has recently bought a P4 1700 MHz with 128 Ram and G2 MX. Waste of a good processor I say.

However the problem is that in the 3D Mark 2001, we can only get arounf 850 3D Marks. According to Mad Onions website this puts its around on par with PII 300. Suffice to say that one is somewhat displeased. So we download the Detonator 3 12.41 drivers. Same result. So, do you have any idea as to wtf is wrong with the card. (If I need the 6.31 drivers, were can I can them? There onlyu seem to be the generic "all cards" file in nvidias website?)

Many Thanks

Must go faster, must go faster,
Heck, processors fried...

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Detonator drivers (nVidia's current ones) include drivers for every model of card. It's the same download for an MX or a GF3.

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This is one situation where thee newer drivers are better. The newer drivers released for the GF3 usually don't help GF2, except that they are optimised for SSE2, which means that the P4 is a special circumstance where they will help.

Video killed my Radio Card!

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
What kind of mobo does your brother have? I had a similar problem, and it turned out I didn't have the agp driver for my mobo installed. I'm not familiar with P4 mobo's so I'm not sure if this is your problem. The newest detonator drivers should work for you. If you want the 6.31 drivers, look around <A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com</A>.

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down