gf2ti-best card?

G

wanna use for 3d games, dvd playback, and light video editing. which is best card out of visiontek, msi, and gainward?

G

I think it's a good choice if you want a good relationship between price/performance.Ok ok ok GF3 is very very better than GF2's but this GF2Ti is cheaper and good performance.I would go for Leadtek..

eden

Champion
Ah well see, Asus makes the best bundle out there.
You want Video Editing so the Deluxe TI offers TvOut and Video-In and offers a ton of video editing utilities suite and should be perfect.
For 3d Games it offers 3d Glasses, so you will enjoy real 3d in Stereo. It boasts DVD programs that have time freeze and shift so you take control of the video or DVD.
Overall an excellent choice, and relatively inexpensive for such a bundle.

Simmer

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001
Asus ti200 only has 32 meg, comes with Solder of fortune.
Asus has a better Video editing package.

MSI comes with 64 meg and Rune. Both about 100.00 to 114.00
Video editing software here too.

I would stick to a manufacturer of motherboards myself. That leaves MSI and Asus. Both have fairly good packages.
(32 meg on the Asus means you would be running with little headroom in some of the newer games) not good

I really like that the MSI card can update the drivers while on-line. Some pretty smart features are in that card, MSI SafeBIOS™ (Two BIOS In One Chip), VIVO, and a cool red color too.

I think speedwise you will find them neck and neck.

G

the 64 mb is always a bit more expensive than the 32 mb one and is it worth it going for the 32 mb one?

eden

Champion
Well they are both DDR, which does make a diff at 64 MB, but the real deal is in high res gameplay. At 1024*768 and over, you need that much to keep frame rates at a good rate, and the extra memory always helps when it is needing extra textures or to store any data. Higher memory insures that the card will continue functioning without them small stutters from time to time.

G

i am stuck a choice between leadtek and elsa for geforce 2 ti.. which one should i get?

G

I've been using my new nvidia E-GeFORCE2 TI AGP 64mb DDR for three weeks now.Displays 588 150x150 pixel thumbnails from one of my pic files in 15 seconds.Impresses the hell outa me.
Paid $139 U.S.