GFX Card Crashing and Can't Install Any Drivers

Jun 23, 2018
Yesterday out of the blue, I was playing a game and suddenly everything from the sound, colors, picture, started going crazy until it just froze completely and I had to reboot the PC. Being the first time, I thought it might just be a fluke, then it happened again. So everytime I tried playing a game, it make the sound and picture go crazy until the game itself crashed and I got an error saying something along the lines of "The graphics driver has failed and was restarted" or the computer just freezes altogether, I get no error message, and I have to hard reboot everything.

Today when I turned my PC on, it stopped for a bit while booting, then loaded in low-resolution mode with blue pixels everywhere. I checked the GPU device status and it says "Windows has stopped this device because of an error", or something like that.

So I took everything out, cleaned and dusted everything in the case especially the GPU cooler, reseated the GPU, booted into safe mode, uninstalled the card, DDU wiped all the drivers, restarted, and downloaded the latest Nvidia driver. It gets about 10% into the installation, then everything just goes black, which is I'm assuming because the card shut off again, and I have to hard reboot and repeat the process of DDU cleaning the drivers just to get rid of the blue pixels, but everytime I try to install drivers, it freezes. I'm typing this message right now with my onboard GFX in low-reso mode.

I don't know what else to try. Is my GPU dead?

Main hardware specs:

GPU - EVGA GTX 780
MOBO - Asus Hero VII
CPU - Intel i5 4690k
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
PSU - EVGA Supernova ~1000W
OS - Win 8.1 64

Jun 23, 2018

So you're saying it's most likely dead