[SOLVED] Ghost network following me?

Aug 1, 2019
Recently I’ve been checking up on things concerning my WiFi connection and have noticed that whenever I switch channels there are always 3-5 “Network Name Unavailable”or “Unknown” following me To the next channel. Any solutions? (I’ve used multiple different scanner applications to verify this on both windows and iOS.

whf7gh.jpg

(Channel 11)

Solution
The first mac address comes back to roku. Those devices are really strange, they do not actually connect to your network but for some reason they will choose whatever channel is the strongest to use. The roku and the remote talk over their own wifi network, I think it is because you can listen to the sound via the remote.

Not sure on the other 2 but it very well could be the roku it is just not registered to anyone.

Turn off the the ruku box and remove the batteries from the remote and see if it goes away.

.....it could also be your neighbors roku. Mine when I have the wifi disabled on my routers, which is most the time, it will then select the channel with the strongest signal from my neighbors.
The first mac address comes back to roku. Those devices are really strange, they do not actually connect to your network but for some reason they will choose whatever channel is the strongest to use. The roku and the remote talk over their own wifi network, I think it is because you can listen to the sound via the remote.

Not sure on the other 2 but it very well could be the roku it is just not registered to anyone.

Turn off the the ruku box and remove the batteries from the remote and see if it goes away.

.....it could also be your neighbors roku. Mine when I have the wifi disabled on my routers, which is most the time, it will then select the channel with the strongest signal from my neighbors.

Solution