Ghost with MSI K8N Neo2 ?

The MSI K8N Neo2 manual says "no Win98 on SATA", and says "no Win98 on
RAID". Must mean they have no Win98 drivers. I think others like Asus
do have drivers for Win98.

I was planning SATA RAID. I always had a dual boot system Win98/XP, but
I guess I can do without Win98.

But, doesnt that also mean that the SATA RAID on K8N cannot work with
Norton Ghost, which boots on a Dos floppy? I really dont want to give
that up. Are there workarounds to use Ghost with SATA RAID on the K8N?
Can someone explain how the sitution is not so bad? Thanks

"Wayne Fulton" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
> The MSI K8N Neo2 manual says "no Win98 on SATA", and says "no Win98 on
> RAID". Must mean they have no Win98 drivers. I think others like Asus
> do have drivers for Win98.
>
> I was planning SATA RAID. I always had a dual boot system Win98/XP, but
> I guess I can do without Win98.
>
> But, doesnt that also mean that the SATA RAID on K8N cannot work with
> Norton Ghost, which boots on a Dos floppy? I really dont want to give
> that up. Are there workarounds to use Ghost with SATA RAID on the K8N?
> Can someone explain how the sitution is not so bad? Thanks

Software can access a Raid setup using the Raid bios, otherwise you wouldn't
be able to install an OS from scratch. So you should get DOS support, but
not win9x 32bit driver support.

In article <41b6ffef$1_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
john_e_russell@hotmail.com says...

>Software can access a Raid setup using the Raid bios, otherwise you wouldn't
>be able to install an OS from scratch. So you should get DOS support, but
>not win9x 32bit driver support.

Thanks John, that makes sense, and feels better.