Giant Mechs And No Nausea: 'Archangel' VR Game Trailer Debuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRNG

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015
I think I really am getting too old for this ... stuff. The "resistance" can manufacture a 6 store tall robot? I single one? Just one? Against all the bad guys? And it's fighting against air/space-craft that are larger than it? And can't outnumber it? And... and...

Give me a good ol' Mechwarrior story where you're part of a team or army. Heck, give me a VR Robotech story. VR piloting a Veritech? Hell yeah!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Dang the auto targeting seriously reminds me of most of the console shooters nowadays, more like casually watching a movie than really getting immersed in the game- No thx!

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
This gameplay married with Mechwarrior would be absolutely incredible. May as well try this one out to get in on the "ground floor" of VR meching.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Sadly most Robotech/Macross games were not very good. I enjoyed the classic anime, books, and pen and paper RPG material. But for games I'm pinning my hopes on a future MechWarrior title - Maybe MW5: Mercs in 2018 or a follow-up.

Actually that style of lock-on targeting has been around in arcade games and console games for decades. It's actually not as common these days outside of auxiliary weapon systems... speaking of which... it didn't look like the primary guns used it. Just one weapon system, from what I saw at a glance. Otherwise they appeared to use motion controllers to point and shoot (not all that strange, especially in a VR title).

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

What about the PS2/Gamecube Battlestrike game?

I used to do a bit of tabletop gaming, including BattleTech (the origin of Mechwarrior). I'd probably be more interested in a VR version of something like that, than actually piloting the things. Plus, you'd avoid the whole nausea issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS