[SOLVED] Gifs, pictures and storage

Jun 12, 2020
My simple question is,

Say I am browsing the web and I view gifs and pictures online and I turn off my PC, or even wipe my storage.

Can someone recover the images and gifs I looked at online I see what I had seen?

Solution
My simple question is,

Say I am browsing the web and I view gifs and pictures online and I turn off my PC, or even wipe my storage.

Can someone recover the images and gifs I looked at online I see what I had seen?
If you just turned it off, they may exist in temp files or elsewhere.

If you just "delete" they can almost certainly be recovered.

After that, there are various levels of "wipe".
"Format", maybe/probably.
Delete the whole partition - depends how you do it.
DBAN, for instance....no one is getting anything back from that, even you. Complete wipe of the drive.

USAFRet

Titan
My simple question is,

If you just turned it off, they may exist in temp files or elsewhere.

If you just "delete" they can almost certainly be recovered.

After that, there are various levels of "wipe".
"Format", maybe/probably.
Delete the whole partition - depends how you do it.
DBAN, for instance....no one is getting anything back from that, even you. Complete wipe of the drive.

Solution
Most web browsers have cache folders where temporary copies of web contents are stored.

In the old MS IE4+ days, all files was stored with their extension and was therefore easily browsable using some image browser software.

Where those temporary folders are located depends on what browser you use and what OS.