Gift for a stranger who helped repair my car.

Swinginking

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
So today, my car had TWO punctured tyres, like out of the blue both at the same time. I don't know why.

Car stopped outside this house,
While I was trying to jack it up,
this couple and kids were trying to leave,

Instead of asking me to move, the old man gave me his emergency tyre, helped me jack it up and put up the wheels, while his wife got me drinks.

they didn't want anything in return (even for the wheel)

So, I noted their address before leaving on a trip from urgent birmingham to manchester,

Now, I don't know what to send them by mail to repay them.
Otherwise ill feel really bad.

Any ideas?

Solution
Just a thought, but I'd probably respect their wishes and not give them any kind of payment. They went out of their way to perform a simple act of kindness and they did not want anything in return.

I'd recommend a simple thank you card.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Just a thought, but I'd probably respect their wishes and not give them any kind of payment. They went out of their way to perform a simple act of kindness and they did not want anything in return.

I'd recommend a simple thank you card.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Good point! A donation to a relief organization might be the compromise ?

Swinginking

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Damn, thats a pretty good point man, I think ill do that, maybe some some chocolates for their kids alongside it :)

Wolfshadw

Titan

Seriously? Would you allow your kids to eat something that arrived in the mail from some random stranger? Don't get me wrong. I get it. It's hard not to pay them back with kindness, really. Just a simple thank you will be more than enough. It shows you took the time to consider their kindness and that you appreciate it. That's all they really want.

-Wolf sends

Swinginking

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

I just got schooled! True man. Thank you card it is :)

TRENDING THREADS