[SOLVED] GIGA b365m ds3h wifi doesnt seem to have wifi ???

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
built a system around a GIG B365-DS3H WIFI ..the lan port works fine but when I unplug it it doesn't register that there are wifi networks available ... I can see the M.2 wifi card and the antennae are attached but no option to connect to wifi network, reinstalled the wifi driver from gigabyte but still no go cannot even find it in the device manager what gives is the board defective

Solution
The systems Ive made using boards with integrated wifi, the easiest way I have found to get them to work is first use a cheap usb dongle to initially get online, then download intel's driver and support assistant, it will then scan your system and tell you what drivers you need, then download them and unplug the dongle.
The systems Ive made using boards with integrated wifi, the easiest way I have found to get them to work is first use a cheap usb dongle to initially get online, then download intel's driver and support assistant, it will then scan your system and tell you what drivers you need, then download them and unplug the dongle.

Solution
built a system around a GIG B365-DS3H WIFI ..the lan port works fine but when I unplug it it doesn't register that there are wifi networks available ... I can see the M.2 wifi card and the antennae are attached but no option to connect to wifi network, reinstalled the wifi driver from gigabyte but still no go cannot even find it in the device manager what gives is the board defective
There is nothing about it in the manual, but there may be an option to enable or disable the WiFi adapter in bios.