Gigabyte 1050ti fan won't spin when hitting 90+ Celsius

Camjam

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Title says it all. This started happening within a few days I imagine. Today I noticed my gpu was running at 96*c during an Overwatch match, when the normal temp is around 68*c. Yes, I verifed the temp on separate software. (Didn't get a screenshot)

-I've toyed around with auto, manual and custom fan control. (Afterburner and AORUS engine) Fan won't move at all.
-Drivers are fine and up to date on everything.
-I recall my gpu fan turning on loudly during an Overwatch match for a second or two, then nothing.
-Fan feels fine when I lightly spin it with my finger.
-There was a light film of dust (not nearly enough to cause that bad of a temp increase.) Which was cleaned off, but didn't help temps
-Cables are secure. (Obviously no cables are used for this card.)

I have also sent in a ticket to Gigabyte about the issue as well. Maybe someone can give me more insight on my problem? Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I will double check if the fan spins on startup. Also I recall seeing my fan attempt to spin but it won't get a full rotation. The fan just nudges over a bit before going back to its original position. If the fan did fail, which now it seems it did. I do have a 3 year warranty on the card.

Camjam

Prominent
May 31, 2017

Yeah, that's what my fear was. I just had hope it was something minor. I still have it under warranty thankfully, so I'll see what comes of that. Looks like it's low settings until I can ship it out.