Gigabyte 1050ti won’t display anything

Feb 27, 2018
I just bought a Gigabyte 1050ti and installed it into my Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and I’m not even getting a bios splash screen. I’ve been reading a few different threads that suggest older bios might not be compatible, but I have it updated to the latest (2901 from 2016). Is it possible the card is bad? I’m going to try and plug it into a different computer later on.

Update: I have both my old 970 and the 1050 ti in the machine and running. I was able to install the drivers for the new card, and it shows up in Device Manager. My power supply is 750w so I'm pretty sure that's enough. When I plug an HDMI cable into it I still don't get anything. I'm going to try and remove the other card and come back up with just the 1050 ti, but I doubt I will have any luck.
Update: I did boot up off the 1050 ti, and I saw a Bios splash, then lost signal again. I rebooted and now there's nothing, not even a splash. I still have to try and place the card in another computer tomorrow, but I am starting to lean towards a bad card.

Solution
Does the GPU Fan spin when you start your PC? Try another HDMI cable make sure is tight. If it doesn't show the screen, get a DVI-I cable to confirm that it's dead

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017
I had the same problem with my Asus 1060. Or at least somehow the same problem. I bought new Computer parts and used the 1060 from my old system of course. It did not boot, just sometimes with a low chance, it did boot fine and worked fine. Then I tryd it in the other PCI slot, and boom worked. But the other slot is less powerfull.. so I endet up selling the card and buying a new one from Zotac and everything works.

So please try:
- Putting the card in another PCI-E slot if you have one
- Putting the card in another System
- Try another card in the current system

Feb 27, 2018

I tried the 1050 in another machine and it did the same thing.
I've tried all the PCE-E slots in my machine but all have the same result.
I'm going to try and have it replaced with newegg, maybe it's a bad card.

Feb 27, 2018

I tried all 3 HDMI ports, I don't have the proper cable for DVI-D or a DP. The purpose for buying this was to use WMR with more than one HDMI like my previous card had.

crackz

Commendable
Feb 27, 2018
Does the GPU Fan spin when you start your PC? Try another HDMI cable make sure is tight. If it doesn't show the screen, get a DVI-I cable to confirm that it's dead

Solution