Question GIGABYTE 1060 6gb turning off and on?

Dec 9, 2019
I recently bought this used and custom built pc off someone, and it was working perfectly fine until after I updated the graphic driver with GeForce experience. After it installed them my pc shut off unexpectedly and now it turns on without putting anything out to the monitor. The rbg lighting behind the logo and “fan stop” turns on and off while everything else including the gpu fans keep going in the pc. Any help?

Dec 9, 2019
What I expect is GPU card fans not cooling the GPU properly. (You can verify with Furmark)
Clean the GPU fans first and Check for the FAN settings in graphics driver or applications and set accordingly.
My issue with that is I cannot see anything because it’s not outputting to my monitor anymore

I recently bought this used and custom built pc off someone, and it was working perfectly fine until after I updated the graphic driver with GeForce experience. After it installed them my pc shut off unexpectedly and now it turns on without putting anything out to the monitor. The rbg lighting behind the logo and “fan stop” turns on and off while everything else including the gpu fans keep going in the pc. Any help?
Full system specs please, don't forget to include make and model of your PSU.

Try booting with the integrated graphics if you have, and see if the GPU is detected in windows.

What I expect is GPU card fans not cooling the GPU properly. (You can verify with Furmark)
Clean the GPU fans first and Check for the FAN settings in graphics driver or applications and set accordingly.
Did you even read what he wrote? Do you know that 1000 series and above do not need the fans not till after 55C in most models?

Dec 9, 2019
Full system specs please, don't forget to include make and model of your PSU.

Try booting with the integrated graphics if you have, and see if the GPU is detected in windows.

Did you even read what he wrote? Do you know that 1000 series and above do not need the fans not till after 55C in most models?
My specs are a msi 970 gaming motherboard, amd FX 8350 cpu, an EVGA 450 bv bronze psu, gigabyte 1060 6gb gpu, 16gb of ram, running Windows 10 home on a Samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd, inside a cyberpowerpc model c series case. I don’t think it has integrated graphics, but there is a button, below the power one and the mic/headset jack ports, that I’ve noticed when pressed turns off the lights on the graphics card and cancels out and press of the power button

TRENDING THREADS