[SOLVED] GIGABYTE 1060 Ti GTX not working

Nov 7, 2018
I'm having an issue with GIGABYTEs 1060 ti GPU as stated. When I have it inserted and I boot up my computer the monitor turns on for a second and HDMI flashes once on the top left of the screen then it goes dark again. I wouldn't think of putting the driver disk in before the monitor turns on but is this what I need to do? This GPU came with little to no instruction. Thanks!

Solution
The driver is not needed until you are in Windows. And then only to get all the features and performance of the gfx card. The gfx card produces a display w/o a driver.
I presume you meant the GTX 1060 since I have never seen a GTX 1060 Ti. Do you have the 6-pin connector plugged in firmly? Is the PSU capable to drive that card? Was the card bought used?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The driver is not needed until you are in Windows. And then only to get all the features and performance of the gfx card. The gfx card produces a display w/o a driver.
I presume you meant the GTX 1060 since I have never seen a GTX 1060 Ti. Do you have the 6-pin connector plugged in firmly? Is the PSU capable to drive that card? Was the card bought used?

Solution