[SOLVED] Gigabyte 1080 Ti Not Working

Oct 17, 2021
So I have an old Gigabyte 1080 Ti that I retired a few years ago because it started booting with a garbled mess on the screen. I just figured the card was dead and moved on to my next card, and I didn't REALLY bother to try and fix it. Now that I look back, I kind of wonder if maybe it could be saved. I have very little knowledge about GPU hardware, so I wondering if someone else has seen something similar that might point me in the right direction.

Here is a video of what happens when I try to boot using the card.

Tank you!

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I had a Gigabyte 1080 ti that died recently too. It wasn't doing what your is, it just flat out died, pc wouldn't even power on with GPU connected to the power supply. I have tried to figure out if it is worth fixing. Even talked to a local PC repair guy and he said it would be at least $200 just to see if a capacitor or something that COULD be fixed was the issue. I read a post somewhere that suggested hanging an old GPU on the wall as a decoration. Maybe like a graveyard display of old parts that have died or been retired. LOL.

D

Deleted member 362816

I mean if the card is not working right you have very little to loose bake it in a toaster, It's worked for me before short term.