Question Gigabyte 1080ti is weird

Sep 28, 2019
Hey guys,

My new gtx card is weird.

I connected to my computer with one cable 6+2 (*2) and it does nothing. No light, no fan turning, ...

If I switch off the cable with 8 connectors, the fan starts to run and the gigabyte is blinking... But nothing on my screen....

If I try to plug my old 1080 instead of 1080ti no issues, it Works perfectly.... Any ideas ?

I have a Corsair cx600 watts.

Sep 28, 2019
I wanted to change m'y PSU... So maybe it will fix my issue, even if I have it since 4 years and it worked with my 770gtx, 1070gtx, and now my 1080.

I will change my PSU and come back after that !

Mother board Gigabyte z270X xtrem gaming
64GB Ram Corsair Vangeance LED DDR4
500go samung evo 970
Gigabyte 1080ti 11GO
3TO sata western digital

You should also check other things while you wait for the new PSU.
Use DDU in safe mode to uninstall and reinstall your drivers.
Make sure you have the latest BIOS. If not, upgrade it.
Check the GPU in another PC to see if it works.

Was the GPU new or used? I know you wrote new, but you might bought it used so it's new to you.

Sep 28, 2019
No, I plugged both connectors.

If I plug both, it does nothing to the card, no light, no fan turning and nothing on screen

2.jpg

If I plug only one connector (the one with 6 pins) I have the light and fan turning, but nothing on screen.

1.jpg

I'm about to buy this PSU : Aerocool P7850, to get the full P7 set

https://www.amazon.fr/AeroCool-P7-8...words=psu+750w+p7&qid=1569761915&sr=8-1-fkmr0

No, I plugged both connectors.

If I plug both, it does nothing to the card, no light, no fan turning and nothing on screen

2.jpg

If I plug only one connector (the one with 6 pins) I have the light and fan turning, but nothing on screen.

1.jpg

I'm about to buy this PSU : Aerocool P7850, to get the full P7 set

https://www.amazon.fr/AeroCool-P7-850W-Platinum-ACPP-P785FEC-11-Alimentation/dp/B071GF3T9V/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=psu+750w+p7&qid=1569761915&sr=8-1-fkmr0
Do not buy Aerocool. Almost all Seasonic models, Corsair except the CX and VS series, Leadex, Leadex II and Golden Green series from Super Flower.

Sep 28, 2019
Hi there,

I received my new PSU and it changes nothing, I think the issue comes from the GTX18080ti, I did a video to see what is happening exactly.

At the beginning of the video we can the light "gigabyte" is off with no fan turning, and when I unplug the 8pin connector, the fan starts to run and the light "gigabyte" is blinking.

https://loic-sciampagna.fr/video.mp4

Maybe my Z270X-Ultra gaming is not compatible with the graphic card ?

Sep 28, 2019
Ok I have now connected two câbles from the PSU to the card and I see the same result...

Édit : I think the card has an issue, I checked on others forum and everybody say I can connect my card with one or two cables, it changes nothing.
I tried all cables which are in my PSU box, without any effects

Last edited: