Gigabyte 1080ti or Founder edition 2080

Aug 31, 2018
Should I buy Gigabyte 3 fan enabled GTX 1080ti or Pre-order Nvidia founder edition RTX 2080, I have Asus z270f motherboard and 700w power supply in my desktop. I would be requiring GPU for deep learning purpose. I am confused because I amnot sure about cooling system in founder edition and its support on my motherboard but it has good performance specs compared to 1080ti and founder edition 2080 is coming at the same price as Gigabyte 1080ti.

Solution
The new Founder's Edition cards have a new cooler design. If it's any good, remains to be seen.

I would advise against pre-ordering anything until you've seen any benchmarks and such.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age? On second thoughts you're better off giving us details of your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If money is not an issue, then the 2080 if you also intend to be an early adopter however without data backing up if the new generation of cards is any better or a rebadge is yet up in the air. I'd say to get the GTX1080Ti without any worry/doubt.

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
The new Founder's Edition cards have a new cooler design. If it's any good, remains to be seen.

I would advise against pre-ordering anything until you've seen any benchmarks and such.

Solution