[SOLVED] Gigabyte 1660Super 6GB OC Windforce 2x

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Hello guys can someone explain me 2 things .... cuz im paranoid and i literally can't sleep and i have to know that :D

First my card had a problem right out of the box as one of the fans was making grinding sound and it was send to Gigabyte POLAND where they replaced the fans ..
Now my question is are the fans of that version of 1660 Super Sleeve or Ball Bearings and if they are Sleeve whats their lifespan in months/years ..... :\
Also the card has FAN STOP feature which im also PARANOID to use ... and if someone can explain me if that is bad for the fans WEAR/TEAR them faster or not ? The card as i said is new a week old since it came back from RMA with new fans .....

Solution
Don't worry about that stuff. Ball bearings or sleeve they will last you a long time. Should last you for years.

The FAN STOP feature is a feature that makes the fan not spin when the card temperature is not over a certain temp. You can install MSI Afterburner and set a custom fan curve if you don't like that.
Don't worry about that stuff. Ball bearings or sleeve they will last you a long time. Should last you for years.

The FAN STOP feature is a feature that makes the fan not spin when the card temperature is not over a certain temp. You can install MSI Afterburner and set a custom fan curve if you don't like that.

Solution

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020

So FAN STOP wont EXTRA wear/tear down my fans in long term ? Thanks a lot !