[SOLVED] Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC High Temps

Sep 13, 2021
My Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC card has been recently hitting it's temperature limits (83-84 degrees) on heavy load. It's almost a year old now bought back in September 2020. I used to have max temps of about 75-76 on load but now it hits 80+ everytime on full load. Is this normal for this particular card?

Solution
My Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC card has been recently hitting it's temperature limits (83-84 degrees) on heavy load. It's almost a year old now bought back in September 2020. I used to have max temps of about 75-76 on load but now it hits 80+ everytime on full load. Is this normal for this particular card?
It could be just normal, but if you want to, total clean the gpu heatsinks/fins and fans, repaste it with a good thermal paste, and see if it does improve the temp, also you might want to clean the case and case fans if it dusted alot, to increase the airflow.
It could be just normal, but if you want to, total clean the gpu heatsinks/fins and fans, repaste it with a good thermal paste, and see if it does improve the temp, also you might want to clean the case and case fans if it dusted alot, to increase the airflow.

Solution
Sep 13, 2021
Cleaned the fans multiple times. Even tried benchmarking with the case lid open but the temps didn't change much :(

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's not much to go on. It's normal for any card:
-dust accumulated underneath the gpu shroud.
-the warmer summer season increases ambient thermals, thus gpu has higher operating thermals as opposed to cooler seasons.
-airflow through the chassis has worsened some - perhaps... dust again?
-gpu has experienced heavy sag in a short period of time, and some areas aren't mating as well with the heatsink as they once were.
-paste has dried up rather fast. Usually it's not necessary to do so until after a few years...
-one or more of the gpu's fans broke.

Sep 13, 2021
There's not much to go on. It's normal for any card:
-dust accumulated underneath the gpu shroud.
-the warmer summer season increases ambient thermals, thus gpu has higher operating thermals as opposed to cooler seasons.
-airflow through the chassis has worsened some - perhaps... dust again?
-gpu has experienced heavy sag in a short period of time, and some areas aren't mating as well with the heatsink as they once were.
-paste has dried up rather fast. Usually it's not necessary to do so until after a few years...
-one or more of the gpu's fans broke.
Have tried most of it. I'm guessing it's probably an issue with the thermal paste (The card is still relatively new though) but I'm not sure if it's wise to change it because opening the card voids the warranty in my region. I'll try getting in touch with retailer to see if there's a workaround. But in the meantime would prolonged 80+ temps hurt the longevity of my GPU (or even potentially kill it)?