Question Gigabyte 27QC Refresh Issue

DigitalBeggar

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Hi all,

I recently bought a Gigabyte 27QC. It's attached to my PC (1070Ti) via display port. I can't change the setup because it's also connected to my work PC via HDMI so I can switch inputs and work from home when I need to.
It has a problem where if program that I am using is in full screen mode (be it YouTube, Netflix etc. or video games), when I do something that brings up a 'thing' that's not native to that program, then entire monitor turns off and on again. Example: using the volume controls on my keyboard brings up an on-screen display showing my current volume - refresh.
Watching a YouTube video in full screen, then moving the mouse to push the button to take it out of full screen - refresh.

I've only had the monitor since Saturday and there's no more stock on Amazon and I can't find a similarly specced monitor for the same price, so returning it isn't my most favoured option. Although I will if I must.

I made a YouTube video to show exactly what happens. (Presenting isn't my strong point. Go easy).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSpuEc0A4lA

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried changing inputs to see if that changes the issue? You might also want to see if changing cables as in replacement cables, changes the issue. You might also want to see if a donor display exhibits the same issue. On another note, see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending and which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. See if using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstalling the latest off of Nvidia in an elevated command changes the issue, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

DigitalBeggar

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
I have tried changing the cable, but I'm unable to change the input. My GPU only has one HDMI which is going to my second monitor (which has no issues at all). The second monitor can't be collected via DP because it's going through a switch which is also connected to my Xbox One. It's a long and complicated process but should not affect the brand new monitor.
The new monitor has the main PC connected via display port (it also runs faster via DP too) and connected to my work PC via HDMI.
Before this monitor arrived, I was using the exact same set up with zero issues.

I updated the monitor's firmware today. The problem still persists. I do not believe it's a user error (as the old set up works just fine) but a feature or setting on the device itself.

It looks like I'll box it up and return it tomorrow.
It's a shame. Other than this issue, I really like it.

DigitalBeggar

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Update: I couldn't find a solution for this problem. It didn't work for my setup so it was either faulty or not suitable for me personally.
I've sent it back to Amazon and ordered an AOC CQ27G2U instead.