Question gigabyte 3060 ti fan is running on 4500 rpm.

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
Hi community,
Recently i have purchased a used 3060 ti (one and half year used), in ideal state and normal usage, it is working fine, but in games temperature is going high around 89c and fan is running on 4500 rpm and making too much noise.
i wanna know the reason and how to solve it.

I have already run DDU before installing the 3060 ti.

PC spec :
AMD fx 8350 .
MSI 990FXA-GD65.
And 16gb ddr3 ram.

My previous card is R9 380 and never faced any issue.

General_Cool

Distinguished
I would recommend downloading MSI Afterburner and resetting the card to factory default settings. The previous owner could have overclocked and overvolted and as far as I know (others please correct me if I'm wrong) overclocks do not reset upon fresh driver installations.

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
I would recommend downloading MSI Afterburner and resetting the card to factory default settings. The previous owner could have overclocked and overvolted and as far as I know (others please correct me if I'm wrong) overclocks do not reset upon fresh driver installations.
I have MSI Afterburner, i use it for see the FPS, please tell me how can i resetting the card? or any video can be helpful.

Edit:
Ok , i have reset gpu to factory setting, and still same issue, i think the thermal paste is dry, i will go tomorrow and tell this issue to the shop owner.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with an aftermarket card i bought. The problem was that one of the thermal pads on the gpu didnt make proper contact.

Only fix was to obviously take apart the gpu and reseat the thermal pad properly aswell as reapplying thermal paste and then it was back to normal.

Hope this helps!