Question Gigabyte 3070 OC keeps black screening

Mar 4, 2021
Hey guys,

Ive recently had an issue where my PC just black screens but audio still plays in the background. I may be sitting on the desktop, or in a game of Warzone for example, and the computer will just black screen. The computer is still on, with all the fans still running, ram and aio also lit up as well as the gigabyte logo on the gpu. The only way to fix it is to hard restart the computer and then itll just happen again. Ive tried numerous things such as:
  1. Completely uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling
  2. Swapping over PCIE plugs
  3. Cleaning and Reseating
  4. Swapping HDMI cables and the order they are in on the back of the gpu
  5. Reducing the power limit to 90% on MSI afterburner
  6. Reducing Core Clock and Memory Clock on MSI Afterburner
I was really hoping someone would be able to advise me as its incredibly frustrating. Ive come to the point where I will just look to redeem my warranty and get a new card which will take at least 3 weeks I imagine.

I built the PC back in November and has worked perfectly until the last few weeks.
SPECS:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Gigabyte 3070 OC
Corsair Vengenance Pro 16GB
MSI B550-A PRO
Corsair RM 750W

Alex Storm

Reputable
Mar 2, 2021
If this is not a software problem, the first thing I would do would be to install any other working video adapter in my computer or install my video card in another system unit. By this action, we will confirm or exclude the malfunction of our video card.