[SOLVED] Gigabyte 3080 Ti Gaming OC - No Video

Sep 2, 2021
I leave my computer on overnight, every night. I woke up this morning, went to go take my monitors out of sleep mode, and noticed that both displays said "No Display Signal." I immediately did a hard reset (held down the power button and turned it back on.) My motherboard showed zero error codes, at least from what I could tell, but I still could not see my post screen, let alone Windows. After a few minutes, I tried typing in my windows password, and noticed that after doing so, the RGB profiles for my mouse and keyboard loaded, which tells me I am definitely posting, and Windows has indeed loaded. I do not have onboard graphics, so I was forced to reinstall my 1080 Ti for video, which is working fine in all PCI slots. I am also using two 8 pin connectors, so I have enough juice. I can safely say I have isolated this to the GPU, but I want to know if anyone had any other ideas?

Here are the things I have tried so far:
Updating BIOS
Uninstalling drivers using DDU
Clearing CMOS
Unseating and reseating RAM
Swapping Display cables
Using HDMI instead of Display
Changing PCIE to 3.0
Using different PCI Express slots
Checked for loose cables
Trying different monitors

System Specs:
Asus ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)
AMD Ryzen 3900x (No overclocks)
32 GB RAM @3600 Mhz (2x16 GB)
EVGA Supernova G5 850w PSU
1 TB WD Blue M.2 SSD
1 TB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD
1 TB Samsung 860 SATA SSD
Windows 10 Version 21H1

Displays:
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27"
Asus MG248QR 24"

Solution
Wasn't doing a thing, huh?
I tried to read up reviews on it to see if there was any special quirks... IDK how reliable the nikktech review of the 850w model is, but the guy who reviewed the 750 and 1000w is a pretty legit - those 2 units were ok, so the 850w probably is too.
Well, darn... would be a bit unconvincing to say the gpu just up and died on it's own for no real reason, but I've no idea, because it wasn't doing anything all that time, plus the psu is ok too.

Was there an OC on this card besides the factory one?
Sep 2, 2021
What was the system doing overnight?

Did you try the 3080Ti back in the PC after seeing that the 1080Ti still works?
Just idling, I usually just let it run so updates can occur if needed. I should probably check Event viewer for logs, actually. And yes, I tried it again after confirming that the 1080 Ti worked, still no dice sadly.

Update: I checked the event viewer, not seeing anything that stands out (i.e. critical events, etc.)

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I tried to read up reviews on it to see if there was any special quirks... IDK how reliable the nikktech review of the 850w model is, but the guy who reviewed the 750 and 1000w is a pretty legit - those 2 units were ok, so the 850w probably is too.
Well, darn... would be a bit unconvincing to say the gpu just up and died on it's own for no real reason, but I've no idea, because it wasn't doing anything all that time, plus the psu is ok too.

Solution
Sep 2, 2021

Aside from the default OC, I haven't changed anything. Time to look up Gigabyte's RMA process I guess. Thank you regardless.