[SOLVED] Gigabyte 3080 Ti not recognised on computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cravez

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2015
Hey all

Need some help. Bought a Gigabyte 3080 TI GPU. Installed it but it's not being recognised by the computer and has "no signal" when booting the computer. Now I was using two Dual PCIe 2x8 Pin (6+2) cables (something like this) and connecting both to the PSU to the GPU. So I was using two separate cables but also was not using the dual part of the cable as well.

I don't have any strictly Male 8 pin single cables

Other things I have tried based on information on the internet:
  • Updated my Bios
  • Reset and Cleared CMOS
  • Tried the second PCIExpress slot on the motherboard
With doing also these things the GPU still won't be recognised. The LED effects on the card works, but the fans don't spin and also the fact it's not recognised by the computer. The PCIExpress slots are fine as I put the old GPU back in and works fine. Do I need to get specific types of 8 Pin PSU cables? Like these?

Thanks

Solution
Pcie cables are 6+2, it's not janky, that's how they are supposed to be. You should be using seperate cables, that means 2x plugs at the psu, not a single thats split on the end to 2x 6+2.

Might need a bios update, and make sure motherboard drivers and gpu drivers are up to date.

If you have a secondary x16 slot, try that as well. The primary slot is pcie direct to the cpu, so sometimes the cpu doesn't know the gpu is there. The secondary slot uses chipset based pcie lanes, and basically forces the cpu to recognise the gpu. Once that happens, and the gpu is registered in the bios, you can switch it back to the primary x16 slot.

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014
The cables you have look to be correct for the Corsair PSU for which they are intended. What PSU do you have?? You're connecting the 6+2 end to the GPU right?

The cables linked at the end of your post are NOT for GPU power.

Cravez

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2015
The cables you have look to be correct for the Corsair PSU for which they are intended. What PSU do you have?? You're connecting the 6+2 end to the GPU right?

The cables linked at the end of your post are NOT for GPU power.

I have a Corsair RM850, RM Series, 80 Plus Gold Certified, 850 W Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.

I'm connecting the single end of the cable to the PSU, then the dual end I'm only using one set of 6+2 pins for one GPU power slot. Then doing the same with another cable, if that makes sense?

Joseph_138

Distinguished
You shouldn't be splitting the power with a Y-cable to service two power ports on the video card from a single power out on the power supply. If you card has 3 power connectors, they should each have their own power cable to 3 different power outputs on your power supply.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pcie cables are 6+2, it's not janky, that's how they are supposed to be. You should be using seperate cables, that means 2x plugs at the psu, not a single thats split on the end to 2x 6+2.

Might need a bios update, and make sure motherboard drivers and gpu drivers are up to date.

If you have a secondary x16 slot, try that as well. The primary slot is pcie direct to the cpu, so sometimes the cpu doesn't know the gpu is there. The secondary slot uses chipset based pcie lanes, and basically forces the cpu to recognise the gpu. Once that happens, and the gpu is registered in the bios, you can switch it back to the primary x16 slot.

Reactions: Afro_ninja199
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.