[SOLVED] Gigabyte 3D OSD not working on Win 10

creasy1132

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Hello I wonder if anyone has come across with the same issue. I am running a win10 on Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi which comes with the 3D OSD utility, which should display the temperatures etc. on an overlay in any app. I have read all there is and set up the info I want to display, made sure the app is listed, still I can't get anything anywhere to be seen. The reason I want to see the info real time is, I have new build and Overwatch crashed twice so I want to be able to monitor what is going on. Thank you.

Solution
Try changing compatibility settings for Run.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\3DOSD.
To do this, right click on Run.exe and select Properties at the bottom.
Click on the Compatibility tab, go to where it says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", click the checkbox to ON,
then select Windows 8. If all that is grayed out, click on "Run compatibility troubleshooter" above to achieve this.
In the end, it has to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked great for me.
Jun 1, 2019
Try changing compatibility settings for Run.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\3DOSD.
To do this, right click on Run.exe and select Properties at the bottom.
Click on the Compatibility tab, go to where it says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", click the checkbox to ON,
then select Windows 8. If all that is grayed out, click on "Run compatibility troubleshooter" above to achieve this.
In the end, it has to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked great for me.

Solution