Question Gigabyte 4080 eagle

Sep 27, 2023
Hey everyone!

I am going to be installing my gigabyte rtx4080 eagle. I am using a Corsair rm1000x and am a little confused as to whether the adapter provided(from gigabyte with the GPU) is a good idea to use. As I have seen some conflicting information around it.

Is this going to be okay to use or should I source a different adapter, if yes, which ones are recommended?

Thanks for reading! 😊

boju

Titan
Ambassador

boju

Titan
Ambassador

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like 180° is for when graphics card is mounted vertically. Check though whether 90° is compatible with your card. Probably will be.

Im sure there'll be other reviews on YouTube demonstrating the adapter.

Yeah it’s the bending that has me concerned. How else are you supposed to attach a side panel without bending the cable slightly 🤔
Seasonic recommends at least 35mm (~1.25") of clearance for their cables before you bend them. Jon Gerow recommends about 30mm (~1"), though he has more concern in the left/right direction than the up/down one. However 1" of clearance is doable in plenty of ATX cases, especially when you consider most high end cards blow exhaust air to the side, so it needs clearance to breath.