Question Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 CPU Upgrade until I can save monies...

Mereinid

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hey guys/gals. I have found several threads regarding my current MB, but most are years old. Currently, I have the:
Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 (https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-USB3-rev-41#ov) this version. I have the AMD A3+ 8120 and 16GB of (1066MHz) ram & an EVGA GTX 1080.
What I'd like to do is get a bit more power/life out of this. I am saving up some monies to upgrade one final time to a High-End gaming rig. It will take me another year or 18-months to get to extra money to buy this. This PC will be a straight luxury for me as I have never had the opportunity to have a super high-end gaming rig. I should be able to save up about $1500+ by then. My current PC has lasted me about 8 years, I purchased it from BestBuy.

Anyway, I have read that the 8320e and 8370e are the end of the road for this MB, there are more powerful CPU's in the line but they are 125-watt CPU's and I have read at least two threads that this particular MB does not run the 125-watt CPU's very well and I need to stick to the 8320e/8370e 95-watt ones.
Which ones would you guys recommend for me to eke out some more power/length until I can save up my monies?
I'd like to upgrade the CPU and put my memory to 32GB of the 1600(O.C.) variety.

The reason I say upgrade to my last build is next year I'll be 50, & if this current machine lasted me almost 10 years, then my next high-end build should last me for the foreseeable future. (I9/new Gigabit Aurous MB/ 32 or64GB of compatible Ram...etc, etc, something along these lines for my last build).

I mainly play games, but the 8120 I have does not like many of the most recent games and bottlenecks compared to the graphics card. I like the big strategy games like Warhammer I & II & the like, but it has so much stuff going on behind the scenes and so many PC factions that it just humbles my pc to a stuttering mess.

Thank you in advance everyone & luck and loot to you all.

Respectfully,
Mereinid

Mereinid

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Don't invest anymore $$$ into AM3+ platform , there are no more gains to be made here. Keep saving for the future setup.

Your FX8120 = 125W.
HA! See, I am glad I asked that about the CPU wattage. I had no idea my 8120 was 125Watt. Well awesome. I know it's a dead cpu lineage. But, even though I make good money, it will be a big luxury ticket item for me to convince mama that I need to spend to just play video games on. So there would be no larger boost in CPU power if I upgrade to a higher end AMD3+ CPU, even one of the 125Watt ones, compared to my 8120?
edit Ahh, I just re-read your post. Okay, I guess I won't look for a more powerful AMD3+ cpu than my current 8120. Thanks DLoT. I appreciate the reply.
Luck and loot bud.