Question Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Temperature Alarms

dyhrdmet

Commendable
May 23, 2020
I have a PC build which is giving me frequent temperature alarms on the motherboard (over 90°C), and I don't know what to do. I see the CPU temp reaching about 75°C with it.

SPECS:
Case - Fractal-Design Meshify C Tempered Glass
Fan (2) - from the case (1 intake in the front and 1 exhaust in the back)
Fan (3) - Arctic P12 120mm (1 intake in the front and 2 exhaust on the top)
Motherboard - Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3
Power Supply - Corsair CXM Series CX550M
Graphics Card - Diamond Radeon HD 6450
Processor - AMD FX 8320E
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB Kit - 2 8GB DDR3 1600 UDIMM 1.5V
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD

I have the other hard drives disconnected and all of the wires pulled through the back to rule out airflow issues. The case is also open. I've already replaced the case and added the 3 Arctic fans (along with 2 different splitters). I found the software from Gigabyte for their Smart Fan, which has helped a little bit. But I simply opened up Google Chrome this morning and did a little surfing and saw the temperature spike. This happens a lot.

At this point I don't know if it's just a bad censor, or if I need to re-apply the thermal paste, or if there isn't enough power to the fans, or if the processor or entire motherboard is bad, or what. Since it's an older board, replacing it would become costly because the CPU and RAM wouldn't be compatible (it's an AM3 socket and everything today is an AM4 socket) so they'd have to be repurchased too.

Any help is appreciated.