Gigabyte 980 ti Xtreme gaming OC/power issues

May 27, 2018
So I am having problems with my 980 ti and i have an inkling of what the problem is but would love some help identifying what is going on. When i go to overclock the card i cannot get the Power limit to go over 101% and am not entirely sure why. I just recently discovered that this card has a third PCI-e power slot and i don't believe I am using it. When i found this out i went to try and plug it all in but it seems my PSU only has 2 of the 6+2 connectors? My PSU is the EVGA 700 B1, 80+ BRONZE 700W and i think this is a problem but am wondering if this can truly be the only thing bottlenecking my card? Anyways my main question is just really if i need to replace the PSU and what would be sufficient of so. Thanks for the help and please ask if I need to give more info.

May 27, 2018

Also, issue is I can't find a cord with a 6 pin on it. After using the 2 6+2 pin cords I can't find anything that is similar.

May 27, 2018

Umm ok thats good but after pressing the button and restarting my comp I lost connection to my displayport monitor and the resolution dropped? Paniced and pressed it again,restart, and it looked the same but got connection back after a few minutes. If i make it blue again do i just need to wait this time? Did i just panic or what is up here?