Hi guys
My gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 is not allowing me to overclock my CPU
The only way i can OC my CPU is using AMD overdrive
I have been following several tutorials on YouTube and so far nothing hapened
I would like Aldo to know why i got 12 GB of ram and ONLY 7.98 are usable

GHASTECHEN

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Only Phenom II CPUs with BE at the end are overcklocable by changing ratio. Only way to OC them is by raising FSB. Have to make sure PCI is set to 100 as it and and memory speed will raise too.
Can you out some prints of that? Mine is BE
And on all the Times i messed with my BIOS looks all GOES default again
Btw, what FSB stands for? Sorry for being kinda noob

Can you out some prints of that? Mine is BE
And on all the Times i messed with my BIOS looks all GOES default again
Btw, what FSB stands for? Sorry for being kinda noob
FSB = Front Side Bus, it connects CPU and all other parts like RAM, PCI etc. so FSB x Cpu multiplier = CPU frequency and FSB x RAM multiplier gives you RAM frequency.
I have now FX 6350 on same MB but had Ph II 965 BE but can't remember right now how far I got with OC with it.
Anyway, you need to enter BIOS, navigate to "CPU Clock ratio" and change it to higher value (normally 16). You will also need to set higher CPU voltage to be stable, Go step by step and check results with AMD Overdrive.

Reactions: GHASTECHEN

GHASTECHEN

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
FSB = Front Side Bus, it connects CPU and all other parts like RAM, PCI etc. so FSB x Cpu multiplier = CPU frequency and FSB x RAM multiplier gives you RAM frequency.
I have now FX 6350 on same MB but had Ph II 965 BE but can't remember right now how far I got with OC with it.
Anyway, you need to enter BIOS, navigate to "CPU Clock ratio" and change it to higher value (normally 16). You will also need to set higher CPU voltage to be stable, Go step by step and check results with AMD Overdrive.
The thing is that i tried several Times to use BIOS, but all values went default anyway