Question Gigabyte A520i AC + Ryzen 5 5600 + Intel Arc A770: Q-Flash+ but no video

May 10, 2023
Hello there.

I've just built a new system, Gigabyte A520i, Ryzen 5 5600 (non-x, non-g) and Intel Arc A770.

Everything turns on, fans, lights, but I get no video.

Tried to Q-Flash+ the bios to F10, F12 and F15a with no change: I get no video.

I've never done this kind of flash, and I also found it strange that after the flash the PC turns on. I'm trying it with everything plugged, as Gigabyte stated that I don't need to unplug anything. The USB drive is a Sandisk 8gb 2.0 formatted to Fat32, and since the Q-Flash+ light turns on and off I'm guessing it's working.

I'm also using HDMI on the A770, I've tested the HDMI with another PC and it works, but not with the new one. Currently I don't have access to another GPU nor DisplayPort cable.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have another idea of what could be going bad?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Instead of using F15a, you have an F16 showing up as the latest BIOS version, use that to flash the BIOS.

As for your build, what rams are you working with and what is the make and model of your PSU?

May 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Instead of using F15a, you have an F16 showing up as the latest BIOS version, use that to flash the BIOS.

As for your build, what rams are you working with and what is the make and model of your PSU?

Thank you!

Just flashed F16, no luck yet.

I'm using the MSI A650GF as PSU, RAM is Kingston Fury Renegade16gb 3600mhz (single channel).

Edit: Just remembered that I have windows on the SSD installed, so I tried connecting a keyboard and spamming enter to see if I could get a sound of wrong password, as it could be a sign of a faulty GPU, but still no luck, no sound.

I don't think the motherboard is recognizing the CPU.

Edit 2: OH GOD IT WAS THE RAM SLOT. Changed to another one and worked.

Last edited: