Review Gigabyte A620M Gaming X Review: Who Needs All the Bells and Whistles?

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
At this point, I'm considering waiting until we get a chipset refresh. Just too much I/O being stripped away from even the mid-range boards (which are priced as high-end boards)

That backside panel gave me depression for $120. I hope these ODMs and AMD get their stuffs together and get better products out for AM5. At that same price point, almost all of the B550 lineup is a thousand times better vis-a-vis; not even A520.

Regards.

Amdlova

Distinguished
Now I see what amd want with this a620 chipset.
First can't overclock or do whatever you think you can do.
Second can't meltdown your cpu and not spectre your soul
Third you can't use pci5 ssd and fry other things

Thanks AMD you think in us ..

dk382

Commendable
Aug 31, 2021
Article is confusing. Why pay $120 for the A620M Gaming X board when you can spend a whole $5 more for the B650M DS3H and get the second X4 M.2 and 2.5gb ethernet?
AND a better rear I/O. Granted, the DS3H is only $125 at Best Buy currently, as a temporary sale price. But the ASRock B650M-HDV is also $125, and it's also quite a bit better than this board. The fact of the matter is that none of the A620 boards seem worth it. The cheapest ones cut too many corners and aren't suitable for gaming PCs while the more expensive ones are gimped compared to similarly priced B650 boards.