Gigabyte AB350M - Gaming 3 BIOS Update Issues

Jul 24, 2018
Hello,
For the last two days, I have been trying to update my BIOs, with no luck and Gigabyte support don't know why!

My Motherboard Is Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3
Current BIOS Version: F2
Date: 02/20/2017
BIOS ID: 8A06BG0F

I've tried three different ways to flash my BIOS, @BIOS (error regarding FBIOS.Dll), QFlash (Error "BIOS ID check error"), and with a bootable usb ("BIOS Mismatch").

I have tried multiple update versions, F4 ,F5 ... F23d but i always get the same error....

Gigabyte Support ( Clearly an Oxymoron ) suggested I remove the CMOS battery for 2 mins and reset the bios settings, it didn't help...

The Drivers i have been using are from ( https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x#support-dl-bios ) I even gave these ago (https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x#support-dl-bios) but no luck..

Has anyone had this issue before? if so can you point me in the right direction?

Thank You

Solution

Great to hear you found the solution!

I also have an AB350M Gaming 3 but gave up on it for something we called the 'soft brick' issue at the time...it would for no figure-able reason refuse to boot up in the morning after running flawlessly the evening and day before. It was a very common problem and the Gigabyte tech support fix was that same pull the CMOS battery, reset CMOS and let it sit for a few hours. Except it did work in that scenario. Too big a hassle every three or four days, so I pulled that mobo and put an MSI B350M Mortar in its place.

Anyway...that problem was very common, and everybody was also trying to figure how to force the backup...
Jul 24, 2018
SFC scan had not affect, still Fbios.dll error in @Bios :-(
Safe mode scan found some stuff o_O but didnt fix my issue.. i have spoken with overclockers and have arranged a RMA..

Thanks anyways.

Jul 24, 2018
The bios files i downloaded came in a zip file. Each with 3 files. Efiflash.exe (or something like that)
the bios file, which wasnt a exe (.d3 or something) and a autorun file... the .exe file wont run in windows, only dos (or so it told me when i tried to run it)

:-(

So obviously you tried unzipping the file and placed ab350mg3.23d on a usb stick. Have you tried a different usb stick? I know with my board (x370 strix) I was having some issues with usb3 sticks and would come up with errors until I used a small capacity usb2 stick.

Jul 24, 2018
Yeah, it was one of the first things i tried, the QFlash picked up both the 2.0 and 3.0 flash drive, but gave me the same error "BIOS ID Check error". I havent tried using a none usb 3.0 port yet tho..... ill give that a go.

Jul 24, 2018
IVE DONE IT, IVE DONE IT!!!! HAHA TAKE THAT GIGABYTE "SUPPORT"........ I have to force the backup Bios chip to restore the bio settings... not a CMOS reset or a jumper reset...

For anyone else with this issue, turn PC off... then HOLD DOWN the power and Reset button for about 10-15 sec.. after which pc will load a little slower on first boot (while it restores the bios files) n boom. not update able..

TY for the suggestions fellas :D

Great to hear you found the solution!

I also have an AB350M Gaming 3 but gave up on it for something we called the 'soft brick' issue at the time...it would for no figure-able reason refuse to boot up in the morning after running flawlessly the evening and day before. It was a very common problem and the Gigabyte tech support fix was that same pull the CMOS battery, reset CMOS and let it sit for a few hours. Except it did work in that scenario. Too big a hassle every three or four days, so I pulled that mobo and put an MSI B350M Mortar in its place.

Anyway...that problem was very common, and everybody was also trying to figure how to force the backup BIOS to load but Gigabyte tech support had no clue. Their response was it loads automatically if a BIOS update goes bad and that, apparently, was the extent of Ultra Durable.

You just demonstrated they still haven't learned how to work their own motherboard backup BIOS feature.

Solution