[SOLVED] Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 or Asrock AB350M Pro4 for overclocking?

I own an AB350M Gaming 3 and it was the worst board i ever was cursed with for overclocking on it. An inadequate heatsink on weak FET's that quickly overheated, even with a 50MM fan blowing on it, and provided extremely unstable voltage to the CPU. It would probably be good for a 4 core, pushing it for a 1600 but a complete bomb for my 8 core.

With a decently finned heatsink on the 4 strong FET's per phase, AB350M Pro4 is so much better than Gaming 3... possibly the best B350 mATX board for overclocking even with only 3 phases.

https://translate.google.com/transl...mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html#post25344552

My youngest sons Pro 4 died after 1 month. Not a fan of either board , I would go B450.
What CPU are you going with?
What can I say...sadly it happens. But I'd totally go B450 too...preferably B450M Mortar, B450M Bazooka Plus (if you can find one), B450M Gaming Plus. Very strong VRM's with 4 'big' phases and heavy duty well finned heatsinks. MSI did mATX (mostly) right this time.

But these things are getting scarce, especially in the US. I'm really curious why...is it China tariffs? clearing stock for new boards to go along with R-3000?

TRENDING THREADS