Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great mini-ITX configuration. Also, it's complete with analog sound connections for 7.1. You don't see that often in smaller boards without paying a lot higher price. This one really has me thinking...

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Actually the I/O Panel is way better equipped than on the (presumably) much more expensive ROG Strix X370-I Gaming. -Although i'd prefer 3 audio jacks an a toslink port.

EntropyZ

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
This has to be the best "budget" ITX motherboard. But like most other ITX motherboards it has a really bad heatsink, which greatly benefits from a fan blowing directly into it, don't even think to overclock if longevity is what you want from this board or stable overclocks, since semiconductor quality differs board from board.

The only good thing about is mindful placement of most connectors, except the ATX 8-pin. How are you supposed to hide that cable, pretty much impossible.

Those are the only criticisms I have about it.

Yeah, that TOSLINK port is the only thing I could think would be missing for some people ,but my Tiamat headset would use all of the analog ports. That being said, I wish they made a headset like the Tiamat that would accept a single COAX or TOSLINK audio surround connection.

I agree. And it's also good to see quality AMD-related min-ITX boards on the lower end of the price spectrum. Intel mini-itx boards with similar features and functionality compared with their larger form-factor brethren often are priced higher than the larger boards. I hope the Ryzen mini-ITX board prices also put Intel motherboard producers into a position where they'll have to price their mini-ITX boards competitively.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I'm really now thinking at some point I want to do a full HTPC build around this board and a Ryzen 5 1600X and a GTX 1070, that would be pretty awesome. Or even just upgrade my current HTPC to this.

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

I hope this isnt too OT. A toslink or coax connection would require a dac built into your headset. If it had a built-in dac it could just use usb instead of (relatively) rare digital audio ports.

TheTerk

Contributing Writer
Editor
Nov 23, 2009
www.twitch.tv
Apparently, I've developed telepathy and there are a few more Mini-ITX Ryzen boards on the way! If y'all have questions about Ryzen or build specific questions for my reviews, don't hesitate to mention them! You can check me out on the THG Discord too, it's linked somewhere in the forums.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Bought my board and new case (Coolermaster Cube) at Fry's with R5-1600X. (Still using my RX480) Oculus Rift has yet to stutter on anything I throw at it.

ktolo

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Actually, I've been wanting to build a Ryzen based m-ITX system for some time now..but waiting for MSI to bring out a decent m-ITX board. Can you spill the beans and let us know if there is one from them in the upcoming reviews? Or even if you know of anything from them in that specific direction at all..
(even a hint!)

Status
Not open for further replies.