Cons
•Somewhat bland aesthetics
•Thicker than most Max-Q laptops
•60Hz refresh rate

Where is the mistake?

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I'm only on the first page, but I found if I CTRL + F the term "Aorus", I get several hits. It's always used in an undefined context. "Aorus" is never introduced to us (at least on the first page of the article).

Also, at the top of the page, the laptop is said to be configured with a "15.6-inch FHD (1920x1080), Anti-Glare, IPS, X-Rite Pantone Certified" display. I don't know if a 120Hz TN panel is optional, but like Anbello262 said earlier, there seems to be a mistake somewhere.

Edit: There is a mention of a GTX 1080 in one of the earlier paragraphs, but I think that relates back to the Aorus issue.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I finished reading the article and I like the Aero 15's no-nonsense approach to it's design. As a non-teenager, mature adult, I don't want obnoxious LEDs lining my laptop or a big orange, red, and yellow dragon breathing blinking LED fire with the phrase "THIS LAPTOP WILL KICK YOUR GAME'S BUTT" highlighted with rainbow LED arrays on the laptop case. I always complain about this whenever a product that features EXTREME LED lighting gets reviewed. Look like Gigabyte saw my posts here and built a laptop with an adult aesthetic in mind.

In the laptop comparison, I wish you guys would have included the Asus ROG Zephyrus Max-Q GX501VS-XS71 that was reviewed back in February. You gave that a glowing review back then and I wish I could have been an "ASUS v Gigabyte" section on the conclusion page.

Thanks for the review guys.

g-unit1111

Titan
I was very close to buying a Gigabyte Aero, but the high price and lack of any sort of mass storage drive was definitely not ideal. The deal breaker for me was the 60Hz screen, where the MSI laptop that I ultimately wound up buying was cheaper with an additional mechanical HD and a 120Hz screen.

I've really liked everything I've seen about the Gigabyte laptops. They look good, as the plain yet premium design really appeals to me, and they seem to be quality systems. I was recently in the market for a gaming laptop and seriously considered one, but ultimately it was the price that disqualified it for me. I decided to go with the Helios 300 as it was a very reasonable price, with reasonable hardware, and I spent the difference on a storage SSD, VR HMD, and some more games. When it came down to it, I just couldn't justify the price of the Aero lineup compared to what you get elsewhere. If you've got the money, the Aero would be the way to go, but on a budget there are better deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.