News Gigabyte Announces Aorus PCIe 5.0 SSD Up To 12.4 GBps

Is this the new "Hertz" race? LOL

Anyway, the randoms do look good here. I base this on my favorite drive of this gen, the Crucial P5 Plus: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/crucial-p5-plus-pcie-4-m-2-nvme-review,15.html

That being said, the Samsung 980 Pro looks really close in Randoms, which is the metric that matters here, so I can't really get that excited about the PCIe5 speeds they can reach without looking at randoms. This is like high FPS, but crappy 1% lows.

Interesting still. I wonder how the Samsung 980 Pro successor will compare.

Regards.

Aug 19, 2022
This is great that the slow hard drive problems and game loading screens were finally solved with SSDs. But its getting silly now. Once you're past PCIe 3.0 3500, you arent going to notice it. Your game might load 1 10th of a second faster. In real world situations, you wont notice or feel a difference. Put 20 PCs side by side, 19 have PCIe 3.0 3500, one has PCIe 5.0 12,400. Have 1000 random people try all 20 machines. I betcha not a one of em is gonna be like "Oh ya, its this one right here. This is the one with the PCIe 5.0 12,400. I can tell by how much faster it is compared to the others". No, no one is going to notice. Its getting ridiculous. Speed should no longer be the focus. High capacity storage should be